Sunday, March 21, 2010

Randomness in a first blog!

Ahhhh so this was the perfect weekend to decide to start blogging. I decided to go back to college and started in January and life has been fairly hectic since then! It taxes the brain! And let's don't forget the everyday things that still have to be done! Teenagers in the house, pets, the husband away training to be a drill sgt.....wow!

And the never done housework! You would think the cleaning fairies would get tired of the mess and come do me a favor! Little twerps! But noooooooo! (maybe they are afraid of the mess??)

So it's been a nice rainy gray day here in the land of Fort Campbell, KY. The perfect day to do nothing before another week kicks off some more insanity! Lots of computer time, some reading and just otherwise doing nothing...oh that's not true. I've screamed at the TV a few times today while watching coverage of this abomination (Obamanation???) called health care reform. Oh I just really shouldn't get started on that subject again, it will drive me to have a cocktail and I am much too lazy right now to remove my ass from the sofa to make one. I'm sure I will throw a fit about it many times before all is said and done.

Anywho...no politics tonight!  I think I'm gonna turn on the tube and relax for a bit...but thought I would attempt my first blog and see how ridiculous I really sound!

I did decide to make a meal tonight that my 16 year old proclaimed was "phenomenal" (this is after I refused him McGrossness). He was dying for chicken nuggets so I broke bad and made homemade. Delicious (and didn't require 38 ingredients per McGrossness standards! Here is why I don't do McDonald's )! Imagine that!



Homemade Chicken Nugget Recipe:

* 4 chicken breasts cut into small chunks
*½ cup all purpose flour
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1 egg beaten
*½ cup water
*3 tablespoons cornstarch
*salt (optional..I add cajun seasoning)
*1 tablespoon vegetable oil
*oil for frying 

Dice chicken and set aside.
Mix all other ingredients in order in a medium size bowl.

Dump chicken pieces into the batter and toss it around. making sure it's evenly coated.

Begin frying small amounts of chicken in hot oil until golden brown! (these turn out well baked also! just bake until batter is golden)

Drain pieces on paper towels.

We made Honey Mustard Sauce to dip them in!
5 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons spicy mustard (brown mustard)
a dash of rice wine vinegar

Wisk it all together for yummy goodness!










No comments: