Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Home is where the Army sends us!

Well we've been at Fort Benning for a few days now. The move was a pain in the ass with the dog but other than that things went very smoothly! The day after we got here, we had an appointment with Fort Benning Housing and was offered a house that morning. Not a duplex or some of that other stuff the Army considers housing but an actual HOUSE! I was on cloud 9! There are some weird little quirks with the house...like insane parking situation, no covered patio (that looks at the neighbors house)....but I really can't complain. It's a beautiful house in a beautiful neighborhood! The whole post is just green and gorgeous! I definitely am not going to mind calling this place home for a couple of  years!



Now on to the sad news. I was planning to keep Reagan's dog until he was on his feet and able to really take care of him...but that has become impossible. Housing here is extremely strict on the 2 pet policy with no waivers or exceptions. So I have to take the dog back to him. :( I'm worried because Cornbread is a house dog and very timid for a chocolate lab...he's gonna be stuck outside to run free, possibly be hit, shot, abused, mistreated and out in the humid summer up there with nothing more than food and water. It makes me so sad, but we really have no choice and it IS Reagan's dog. :( I'm just hoping he survives because he is an awesome puppy that is going to be a wonderful dog in a couple of years.

Other than that...nothing much going on. Howell reports for duty in a week or so, we're going to try to make a quick little getaway trip probably down to the beach for a few days next week. School started back up for me yesterday which is always brain numbing...but it's all good. Life is interesting and I am thankful for what we have!

No comments: