Monday, April 12, 2010

Bittersweet Day....

Today was an awesome day! I finally got to meet a 4 year "friend" who is a fellow Army wife. After years of phone conversations and FB stalking...her family is moving to Fort Campbell...as we PCS to GA. Doesn't that just figure? It was great to hang out and chat like old friends with her and her beautiful family. It makes me even sadder to leave this hell hole that I have hated for the last 3.5 years. We only have 2 weeks left here....it's not enough time to say goodbye damnit!

On the plus side, everything is falling into place with the PCS. Utilities are scheduled for shut off, U-Haul is rented, packing is pretty much done, hotel reservations made. We are actually on the ball.

The down side....I feel so freakin guilty! Guilty for leaving awesome friends, old and new. I feel guilty that the husband is going into non-deployable status as I watch all of my friends' husbands embark on yet MORE deployments. I almost wish he were deploying. The next two years won't be easy because it sounds like Drill Sgt. time is going to be the equivalent of him being deployed/yet home. Weird. It's hard to even explain everything I am feeling about ALL of this right now.

There's some annoyance in there too, but I can't even go into that on a public blog.

Random thoughts:

I wish I had been able to reconnect/make things right with several people here before we leave.

Really going to miss the awesome support system I have here.

I wish I had had the time to get to know so many people better.

I'm great at making new friends these days but horrible at maintaining friendships and it sucks that it bites me in the ass.

I hate packing.

I need more coffee.

No comments: